HOW TO HIDE YOUR MOBILE NUMBER IN WHATSAPP GROUPS
• By this, you can check on any automated SMS verification or outbound SMS verification of your Phone number.
• Now you will be asked to put your Email ID for verification (You already put your phone on “Airplane” mode, that’s why)
• Don’t enter anything. Just click send. Then automatically the verification process will stop.
• That’s all. Now, restart your phone and deactivate the “Airplane” mode. You can now use the WhatsApp messaging service without being exposed to your phone number.
• Your Phone number will not be shown either while chatting or while adding stranger/ new friends.
Note:-Sometimes later the messages will be sent to that spoofed number and it will appear to all in Group chats than to use your Original number.