WannaCry ransomware used in widespread attacks all over the world
What is WannaCry?
First and foremost, let’s clarify exactly what WannaCry is. This malware is a scary type of trojan virus called “ransomware.” As the name suggests, the virus in effect holds the infected computer hostage and demands that the victim pay a ransom in order to regain access to the files on his or her computer.
What exactly does WannaCry do?
RansomWare like WannaCry works by encrypting most or even all of the files on a user’s computer. Then, the software demands that a ransom be paid in order to have the files decrypted. In the case of WannaCry specifically, the software demands that the victim pays a ransom of $300 in bitcoins at the time of infection. If the user doesn’t pay the ransom without three days, the amount doubles to $600. After seven days without payment, WannaCry will delete all of the encrypted files and all data will be lost.
Wanna Cry Ransomware Guidelines to stay safe :
- Be careful to click on harmful links in your emails.
- Be wary of visiting unsafe or unreliable sites.
- Never click on a link that you do not trust on a web page or access to Facebook or messaging applications such as WatSab and other applications.
- If you receive a message from your friend with a link, ask him before opening the link to confirm, (infected machines send random messages with links).
- Keep your files backed up regularly and periodically.
- Be aware of fraudulent e-mail messages that use names similar to popular services such as PayePal instead of PayPal or use popular service names without commas or excessive characters.
- Use anti virus and Always make have the last update.
- Make sure your windows have the last update close the gap.
Update 5/15/2017 :
The entry of the virus to your device, which is dependent on a gap in the Windows system and the gap is present in all types of Windows is that the feature is open.
if you did no’t update your windows just turn off SMP,
There are two methods to turn off SMP manually or Tools .
First Manually :
1.Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features.
2. Remove check Box SMB1.0/CIF Filse Sharing Support.
3. you must be restart your computer.
Done! Now you are safe.
2. Tools :
Link Download direct: SMB2 Tools Disable
1. RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
2.First check if the Features is turn on !.
when you run the tools will show this, if you see SMB2 currently enable so you must be Disabled it
3. SMB2 IS currently disabled.
4. you must be restart your computer.
Done! Now you are safe.
I hope it helps to keep you safe.