Are you tired of Low RAM and low internal memory in your Android Smartphone? Many Android users who are using low to mid-range smartphones or older ones have problem of low memory or RAM and thus they cannot enjoy android to its true potential and cannot install some big popular games as well as application. Thus here we will provide you the solution to your problem of low memory and low ram in android device.
Increase RAM in Android Device
This tutorial will guide you to increase RAM of your rooted android Smartphone easily so that you will not have any problem regarding memory issues and can enjoy android to its true potential. This kind of problem generally exists in outdated version of android OS like CupCake, Donut, Ginger Bread and HoneyComb.
Generally, what happens is that every device have very low shell life in market i.e, every device gets outdated very soon due to tough competition prevailing in market. But this guide will help your device to keep up with the newer devices too.
With the help of this tutorial you can easily play high end games with high graphics which need more memory in your old android phone without worrying about your phone getting hanged or crashed. All you need to do is follow this tutorial and increase your android’s ram which is kinda upgrading virtually.
As shown in the above video , follow the steps very carefully and increase your ram easily.
Main requirement in this method is that your android must have CWM (Clockworkmod) Recovery
In the video at one point, you will need swapper2 and terminal emulator apps in your android so download it from here.
Swapper 2.apk | Direct Link
Terminal emulator.apk | Direct Link
Increase ram in android manually
- Your Android device must have class 4 or higher micro SD Card
- Your Android device must be rooted
- A Windows PC
- SD Card compatible reader
- Take Backup of your SD Card
STEP 1: Your Android Smartphone must supports swapping.
Before starting this procedure , you need to check whether your device supports swapping or not. If it supports swapping then only you can increase ram in your device. So use a testing app, MemoryInfo & Swapfile Check, to check for it before moving further.
STEP 2: Create Partition in your SD / Memory Card
- To create partition, we will use Partition tool so Download the mini tool partition wizard from here- Mini tool partition wizard
- Connect your SD Card or Memory Card using Memory Card reader to your PC
- Now Install the Mini Tool Partition Wizard, Open it and format the inserted SD card.
- Now right click on Memory or SD Card and then Select the partition as primary and file system as FAT32 for card more than 4GB to create partition in your Memory or SD Card
- Leave around 1 GB of memory for next partition.
- Click on “Done” and again click on make partition option, select primary partition but this time, change file system to EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4.
- Click to apply changes
- Finished!! You have successfully created partition
STEP 3: Link with your Rooted Android Device.
- To link your SD Card with your rooted phone, we will use Link2SD app. Download Link2SD from the google play store.
- Launch the app and give root permission. Choose the “.ext” partition.
- Start linking your SD Card.
STEP 4: Increase RAM for your Android Device
- Download Swapper for Root in your Android Phone. (Or you can use Swapper 2 whose download link is given above)
- Launch the app and select the amount of RAM you want to increase.
- This app will create a. swp file which will increase the RAM of your Android smartphone.